
Well the day finally came. I woke up this morning got dressed, put make-up on and then woke the cute little mini. I was nervous. I hadn't done this kind of thing before and it was a new experience. I of course expected the worst and so I got there early. I signed in got the directions to my room and my class list.
Then I found out that the teacher had the first two periods off. Ok so I've got some time on my hand. At least I brought a book. The office called and told me that a coach was going to be late to his first class and asked if I would mind watching the kids. Deep breath. So I went up the steps to the class room and there they were. The teenagers, standing in the hall. The room was locked so they couldn't get in. When I asked one of the kids to go get the key he looked at me and said "I'm not in this class" deep breath. Thankfully one of the neighboring teachers had one that would unlock the door. When all the kids went in a boy came down the hall holding the key from the office. "How'd you get in?" he asked. "I'm just that good."
The kids went to the classroom and I realized that I knew one of them. Now mind you I am trying to calm and not show fear. They can smell it. After the final bell rang they just sat there talking and looking at me. Thats when they finally asked the question. "Are you the sub?"
"Nope, your teacher is just running late." and right about the time the door opened and in walked the teacher. So it was back down to may room. By the way the lights on these rooms are motion sentive. And when you are not moving they go off. This is important.
Well now I'm back in the room and am waiting on something to happen. I brought a book and thank god. When the bell finally rang for the end of 2nd period I got butterflies all over agian. It was time for my class to come in. The first guy walked in and took a seat, well actually he kind of just slumped in to a chair. The next guy walked, he could be charming i could tell. Then the final bell rang and it had begun. Two kids. Then I began to take role and found out that I had the wrong class sheet.
Then I find out that there is normally three kids. I called one of the guys by a different name and then a coach called and got the charming one out of class. So now I have just the one. I sent him down to get the right class roster again calling him the wrong name and when comes back I am trying to get him to begin his assignment. It is at this point that he decided to tell me he was the teachers aide.
Oh did I mention the lights were motion scensored? Fourteen times the lights went out on me. Ok enough laughing. Now I am sitting here retelling all of you and all I can say is, it was a pretty good day. Well tomorrow is another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment