Well hello there my faithful readers. Here I am on this nice hot day and I am about to get on my soap box, mainly because I feel that some people need to let things go. I've found over the years that if you don't try to better yourself then you are only living up to those expectations that others have created for you. I'm seriously try not to judge but when you go on a social networking site and start spouting off how everything in your life is everyone else fault and not your own, I begin to get a little annoyed. Let's face it on top of the already raging hormones your idea of life is not quite what I want to hear about. I know if I don't want to hear it or see it then I shouldn't listen or look but when you begin to attack family then I can't help but look. For instance a person has a choice to grow up or to be babied. Now I have to admit that I enjoy being the baby of the family but even I have look at things a different way. I'm no longer my mama's little baby, instead I am an adult (I know questionable at times) I have my own bills I have my own child, hell I even have my dishwasher. But these are things that I have worked for. My parents did me right back giving me the knowledge I needed to get through my life. Is it everything I hoped for, maybe not, but it is everything I will work for. Let's take Mini, she is my heart. I love her like crazy mainly because she can drive me crazy. Right now we are going through some transitioning with her growing up and mommy being pregnant. We will get through this but I have to make sure she understands that though I love her unconditionally I still expect her to act like she has a brain in her head. If she grew up, made some bad choices then blamed me for her choices I don't think I'd appericate it very much. So here is a fact for all you blamers, Fact 1: Parents are human, they make mistakes, they screw up. But they are the ones that will love you the most. Fact 2: Unless your parent is handing you the beer, drug or other self reducing product don't blame them for the choice you made to pick it up. For most of the human world it's called expermenting. Most everyone has done it and those that are strong enough get over it. Fact 3: Parents are suspose to guide you not rule your life. Sure they have that whole "til your 18" thing but after that it's time to sink or swim. You need to get off your ass and start making something of your self. Fact 4: (and this is important) Nobody, and I mean Nobody, is perfect. We all have our hang ups. We feel cheated, slighted, misunderstood, taken forgranted and so on. We all have feelings and we all have to make the best of what is given to us. Sometimes you need to open up your eyes and see things for what they really are. Don't like your folks but you have no job and no place to go well either suck it up or find a better solution. If you so unhappy in the place you currently are then move, change things but know this just because you move locations doesn't mean your issues will go away. Problems follow all of. So when someone says your running away from your problems, I say you're just relocating them.
Now on the flip side to the parent issues kids you need to understand that before there was you, there was them. Your mom and dad were seperate indivuals. They actually have names and shocking though it may seem, they actually had lives. Sometimes as a parent we forget this. Though I am still new to the gig, I've learned that people see me as Mini's mom and Tiffany. Then again sometimes I don't even remember who Tiffany is. That's strange to hear but it's the truth. We as parents put so much effort into raising and protecting others that we sometimes lose ourselves in the process. They are there to help guide you and once they feel like you won't kill yourself or mame others then it's time for them to get to be people once again. They deserve this. Now I'm not saying that whatever issues most people have are false, I'm not attacking those that are truly trying to work through things regarding their parents, I'm just tired of hearing people not be thankful for the things those parents did. I'm a sympathic person and I uderstand frustration, hell I listen to it and contribute on a daily basis, but I also am thankful for everything my parent's have taught me and given me over the years. I could be me with out them, but I don't want to be.
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Thursday, August 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment