Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Another Piece of the Project.

Happy Sunday my faithful readers. I hope that both of you have had a good weekend thus far. I know I'm happy with it. As you know, Friday, we finished the top of of the "babies room". Saturday we decided to take a little time off from working on the room since it was almost 3 when I got back from getting the planks cut, then we had to go to the store for some food. (I hate this practice and if it wasn't for the fact I do enjoy eating I think I would skip it all together.) Then Mini went to stay the night at NannyPops leaving me and Roo home to relax for a bit. Then of course today came around and it was time to get back to it. So let's get started. The bottom half of the wall is not done in the traditional one piece panel, instead it done with planks. It was done this way because when I purchased the planks online through Lowes.com I was shown a full piece. Notice my epic fail there oh well we decided we would make it work and I'm really glad we did. Now yesterday my dad cut the planks for us so that we could run 'em up on the wall, then he showed me how to use a nail gun. It's not often I get to play with tools. Needless to say I was ready to go. Now here is a tip when

working with wood planks that are tounge and groove, start in the corner and work your way out. Also since wood sometimes has a tendency to chip try each piece out before using nails and glue. Shoot the nails in at an angle, especially if there is not stud to be found, this way it will help bond the plank to the wall with wood.
Here is what I did this morning. I can tell you that it was tiring the nail gun got a little heavy but I think I did a good job so far. We had to stop so that we could fix the plugs. In order to fix any type of electrical make sure the power is completely shut off. We do this by placing a night light in each plug after the breaker has been flipped to make sure there is no live power coming through. I mean it would suck if someone got electricuted.
After all the plugs in the room were changed and fixed it was time to get back to work. So far we have the bigger portion of the room finished. I'll post more pictures when we are completely done with this part of the project. After this we have moulding, trim and a chair rail.











No comments:

Post a Comment