Happy Friday my Faithful Followers, I hope this week has treated you all well. So with-out further ado let's get started with the babies room progress. As you know we had to tear down some existing paneling in these two pictures it shows one half of the wall with-out paneling. The original plan before getting new was to paint over the existing wall, but after tearing down the old paneling that was there we found that, that idea was so not going to pan out so once again we were Lowe's bound for some more paneling to paint and put up. Now we tore down the original last weekend but due to heat and my blood sugar we didn't get to finish putting stuff up. Well we also had to stop to go and pick up Mini from her grandparents house where she spent the weekend. I can tell you that unlike Rome, this could have been completed in a day again low sugars make for a shaky Tiffany and a bad helper. I did however, get to cut some pieces (only because I grabbed the razor knife and began hacking away before Roo noticed.) I also dropped the camera once while taking pictures causing me to freak out a little and test the camera to make sure it was goin. Roo said I was just taking a break that I really didn't need. I of course did not agree since I wasn't actually doing anything at the time. So here is the proof that I was really and truly in the room at the time of reconstru
tion.
Yes I know I look bad, I was hot, sweaty and a little hungry if you want the honest truth but anyway, you may find that I have a way of getting a picture of me in most anything we do, even if I have to take it myself. Now back to the remodel. After tearing down it was time to start putting back up, here's a strange fact not all the walls in my house are the same height or even level for that matter. I say this because it makes doing these projects a little more complicated, but at least it keeps us on our toes. The easiest wall to take down wat the wall in the corner. There was no glue on that particular wall allowing for a quick pull and down it came. So it was also the first one we decided to put up. Of course we will finish things out with trim but as you cane see it is already looking cleaner.
Since we started on this corner or nook (however you want to see it.) we decided to keep it going by finishing out this wall. It was about the last piece when I started feeling a little woozy and it was also about 9:45pm so we thought it would be ok to call it. The pieces that you are looking at were all painted earlier in the day. (The one good thing about 110 heat, paint dries in 10-15 min.)
Can you believe we found another large hole under the paneling? Anyway that's for the bottom portion, anyway the wall has came together pretty quickly once Roo realized I was pregnant and not handicap. Which means I can help. Anyway tonight we finished with the last wall which was also the most annoying since it has the window on it, But we got it done and now I am excited to say we will start on the bottom half tomorrow. By the way what seemed like the hardest part really wasn't that hard once you thought outside the box. So now we have one full piece left with some scraps that we can turn into something. Oh well at leat we are one step closer to the finished goal
No comments:
Post a Comment