Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Starting on the Babies Room

Today we started the long grueling process of decorating the babies room. First off we needed to begin taking down the old wall paneling. We decided that we would paint the top have and panel the bottom half making a surf and swim decore. But once we got the wall down we realized that it was not in the shape for painting and we went in search for an affordable solution. Like most projects that we have been undertaking lately, we found ourselves at Lowes. There we found some paneling for cheap so that we could paint over it. After haing them cut the pieces in half we took it home to begin our new project. In the pictures above that is what we started out with. This was Mini's play room and thankfully she is ok with letting the baby take over. Roo started taking off the paneling then Mini even got into the game by helping take off some of the loose wall paper underneath. After this we started working with the new paneling. Before we went to Lowes we went to Homedepot to get the paint we wanted. At first we thought we would get a plain white panel and were told that if we were to do that then we would want an eggshell paint with primer to give the painted area a little texture. Having used Behr paint products before we once again chose this brand for out remodel. Since we are going with a surf theme for the babies room the obvious choice for the paint portion of the walls is a light sky blue. I have an order in for a full wall murial that will feature a fun little beach picture and figured this would be a good start. In the pictures to the side you can see the wall unpanelled then you will see the finished top piece of the wall in the sky blue (in the picture it may look almost white) Once this was up (we painted outside to have the paint dry faster) we needed to get some electrical work done. We bought both rooms new ceiling fans and We decided to put it in. This is where I brag cause he did it all by himself with no help. The original fan was a colorful kids fan that barely worked anymore making a horible noise as it rotated. Roo got that down piece by piece then proceded to put in the new fan. half hour later we had a pretty new white fan that will help give off the beach cottage feel that we are looking for. After the goodness with the fan we wanted to get in the new ligh switch box so that we could put up another piece of paneling. He did really well having never done electrical work before. (Don't try it with out supervision) This was the part we needed a little help. Turns out the box was a little tricker then we realized cause we kind of had a short. Now when working with any type of electrical one should always make sure the power is out. When you make a mistake with the electrical make sure you have someone who can either explain it on the phone or come right over other wise you may be stuck with out power. (This was my worry) But with the help of dad and a few minutes of what the hells they guys got everything working. I'm still proud of him for doing something new, I knew he could do it and though we needed a little help I think that the fact we didn't set the house or eachother on fire really impressed him. So after that we decided that the next bit of painted wall could go up in the next day or so. Hopefully in the next few weeks we will begin to actually have the room decorated. I'm excited to get started on this project and hope that everything goes well and it turns out. I'll keep ya'll posted on the all the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment