Well hello there my faithful readers and Happy 4th of July. Today I wanted to tell you about one of the new projects that I'm getting done. So in the picture it shows a big whole in the wall. This has been there since we moved in and I've been a little ashamed for people to come over cause in my head I know that all they can see is this massive hole in the wall. Ugh. So we've been saving up and making sure that everything is caught up (bill wise) and we were finally able to begin work on the new project. See my idea is to have all the walls fixed and some of the rest of the house before the new baby gets here and as we acco
mplish this I will be showing whats going on. So we are starting with the kitchen and that huge ugly hole in the wall. First off we had to fix the hole and we did this by purchasing a small piece of plywood and cutting it to the size of the hole (which was a square) My dad helped us out a lot during this since we are new to doing all this. Roo started taking down own the trim and had to take out the window. So that we could trim it out later. After we got the hole covered (I was liking it better already) Dad showed him how to start putting up the panelling for the wall. Roo picked it out so we are going lighter in the kitchen once all is said in done.
Here it is with the hole covered. They did great job no more hole and I'm a happy camper. This was where we stopped for the day that was two pieces of panel and we only had a little bit more to go. So we ended the night by relaxing and going to the movies. We went and saw Transformers (which was awesome) and relaxed while Mini stayed the night with my grandparents. Sunday came on and we decided it was time to finish. (ok, I decided) but we once again started with another hole in the wall. This time it was at the base.
Now since the holes were smaller it was decided that we didn't need to cut a piece of plywood to fit them so we went a different way. They say there are 1 million ways to use duct tape and so fare I know of at least 250 now 251. So we put the duct tape over the hole and we got started. Roo did really good on his own, we only had to call dad when it came to doing the electric part. He doesn't know electrical. But thats ok we got it done and now are ready to put the window back up and start decorating that wall. The finished product will be soon. So our next step is to decide what type of paneling we want for the living room then we have to finish out the baby's room or really we have to start but thats another blog. Again I'll keep you posted.

Now since the holes were smaller it was decided that we didn't need to cut a piece of plywood to fit them so we went a different way. They say there are 1 million ways to use duct tape and so fare I know of at least 250 now 251. So we put the duct tape over the hole and we got started. Roo did really good on his own, we only had to call dad when it came to doing the electric part. He doesn't know electrical. But thats ok we got it done and now are ready to put the window back up and start decorating that wall. The finished product will be soon. So our next step is to decide what type of paneling we want for the living room then we have to finish out the baby's room or really we have to start but thats another blog. Again I'll keep you posted. 
No comments:
Post a Comment