Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Monday, December 5, 2011

December with the family

Happy Holidays to all my faithful followers and readers. This is the first Christmas Holiday addition. I can't really go in to the full Christmas blog since it hasn't even gotten here yet but I can go ahead and make some head way on the goings on in my happy little conner of the universe. First off the picture up top was taken on our after Thanksgiving camping trip. Denison, Tx has a big holiday light drive thru park, which was really pretty. The Mini loved looking at all the lights. We had a good time that weekend. Then it was back home, back to work and back to the same old things that we always wish we could leave behind. But it was back to the daily and back to the realization that Christmas is in fact right around the corner. (Ugh) By the way here is the part that I am going to point out that it is still CHRISTMAS. Now I understand why this may upset some people but for those it does upset well you suck. Simple straight forward and end of story. Whether or not you celebrate Jesus's birth or just the holiday it's self by taking the name away you are diminishing the memory of this joyus holiday for others. See when I was little I waited for Christmas morning when I knew that Santa would have left me some really fun toys. I didn't call it by some other name. Even going to a christian school at a young age, I never realized the "evil" that was Christmas. As I have gotten older I still don't see the harm in having "Christmas". Instead I have to hear what an insult it is to others. Hmmm. I remember when it was ok to pray in school and because it insulted/offended one person we had to change that. Nevermind thoughs of us that wanted to continue to practice this. See for all the grief we get for being "Christian" think of this though we have all talked smacked about our praying rights being taken away we have still stood by and let it happen. Though we may protest it we have allowed those who are uncomfortable with shows of religion to tell us when and where those of us who are secure with our beliefs can discuss or even celebrate our. Hell even the Christmas trees are now called Holiday trees. Listen folks agree with it or not it's holiday. Sharing in this holiday season no matter what you call means you are partipating in a celebration of birth and life. No it may not be the birth you believe in but the fact is, you do believe in something and that is what counts in today's world.  Take Mini for example, she has of course asked the question of when this holiday started but as she grows it will be up to her to choose how she wishes to celebrate it. I don't knock you for your beliefs don't knock me for mine. Right now our children see christmas as a time for presents so fighting over what to call it seems a little stupid.
 Ok now I'm off my soapbox about that. I just frustrates me that there are those out there that want to dictate everything everyone does and yet they celebrate the same holiday or the same version of the holiday as we do.

Now then onto other things. Mini is going to have her winter break soon and before you know it the newest little one to our family will be making her apperence. Of course will learn more on that issue later this month and I will keep you posted. Now Christmas has kind of snuck up on us this year I don't really know anyone who is ready for it this year. This year has been quickly passing us by and before we know it, it will be over. With that being said. I am thankful and greatful for my family and friends. The holiday season reminds us all what we should remember during the rest of the year our family and friends are the ones who are there for us when things get rough and they are the ones who will continue to be there when things get better. Just saying sometime we need to think of those people when we send our thougts out. Something else we all do is just get by and I think we take for granted that there are others out there that are in the same situation so for just a miniute of your day take the time to offer a little encouragement to those around you whether it is just to say or to offer somekind of helping hand. You shouldn't wait until the giving season to give or offer help. Well that about wraps up today's blog. Again I am wishing you all a Happy Holiday right now as we kick off our Christmas season and I hope that everyone enjoys whatever plans they are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment