Merry almost Christmas all my faithful readers. I hope this week is finding you all well as we enter into the home stretch that is Christmas. Since the day is almost upon us and I'm sure many of you still have that last minute shopping to do I figured I would take the time to give a little Christmas news.
I kicked this week off with two doctors appointments. The first was just my routine baby check and of course the newest little member of our family has a strong heart beat. I was told at this point that since we have been having the issues with her kidneys that my due has been moved up. (No surprise there) But instead of nailing down a new date I am told I am now on a floating due date. But I can tell you we at least have it down to a month. The newest member will be here sometime in Febuary. Now not to toot my own horn but I have made this prediction since I found out we were expecting. I knew that I would never see March pregnant and that she would be making her debut during Febuary now the only thing to know is when. So that was Monday's doctor also at which time he informed me that we are just in a waiting process of when it will all go down and that due to the now dryness of my skin (cause apparently that's what happens with the weather and pregancny) I needed to lube up. Yup he said those words.
Now on to Tuesday's doctors appointment. You know the hardest thing besides having to go to the doctors now every two weeks is having to be poked and prodded. I never cared for this practice to begin with but with the last few appointments my anxiety levels have just been going up. Of course all my other levels have been reading really good so I guess beggers can't be choosers. We recieved postive news on the last sono appointment in the fact that they could actually see her bladder. The rest of the information was still a little unsettling which always makes me nervous before the next one. I know in my heart that she will be perfect but it's still the build up then waiting game that make you play once there. So this time we sat there and learned that all fluid levels are doing good. She still has a strong heart beat (of course she does, my girls are fighters) She is measuring in at 3lbs 10 ounces, a little on the big side but it is to be expected with the diabetes. Sidenote: This is the point that once again I am asked if I had been told about the prenatal testing for diabetes. it is also at this point that I have to point out this is where I am glad to already be a diabetic so that I don't have to take that horrible test. The one test that I can actually skip. Just saying...ok back to visit.
Once again we were able to make out the bladder which is a good sign. We could also make out the ureter (the tubes from the kidney to bladders) which the last time is was just showing as one large piece. The left kidney has went down a bit in size and the right is still showing to be dialated but still stable which is good news becasue it means it's not growing. Also with the fact that they can see the ureter we can now see that there is a blockage at this time toward the base which means that fixing it, if that is what needs to be done, will be easier. With that news we were taking off immidiate danger and lowered. Again this means that though we will still have to meet with a Pediatric Urologist we did not have to go this week or next week. We are able to wait until January 13th. The danger and worry is still there but we are postive that these are very good signs. And we continue to put it in the Lords hands as we continue to pray and ask our loved ones to do so as well. Again this week we have some Blessings that we are very thankful for and continue to be thankful for everyday and I will continue to let you know what is going on as we learn it and digest it for ourselves.
Mini is out of school this week and also asked several times if she could open one of her presents at least twice a day this week. I love being out of school but then you have to think that we have to entertain these kids while they are out. Ugh. But she has been very good. She had her first official sleep over this past weekend with one of her friends (who was not family) and she had a blast. It's hard to think of Mini growing up but I know it is something that I have to come to terms with at some point. Maybe when she's thirty. Since this is her last year as an only child we are trying to make it special with out really making that big a deal of it so she is excited with the little things right now. Ok folks I'm sure you all need to get back to wrapping presents so I will start closing up. I just wanted to let you know whats going on and since I still get a little teary eyed when I talk about it this is the next best thing for me. I'll catch you either right before or right after Christmas so from my family to yours Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays in what ever manner you celebrate.
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment