Ok, so I've decided red was a good choice today on the sole fact that I am steaming....(Get it?) Anyway I have decided to write a book called Parenting for Dumbies, I'm sure it's been written before but I think we as parents should get together and make some slight changes. See when you get pregnant and decide to have the child then you should be given a simple and very well stated rule book. For those that do not except the book at the time of delivery well then you need a book that will help guide you and teach you. And I do not mean those "Baby and me" books where having a child is a wonderful and joyful experience. I am talking about the whole hearted truth of what hell is like when they decide to put on their attitudes.
Since we all know the terrible two's and three's let's start with an age of 5 or 6. This is the age they begin school. It is here that their social skills really begin to form. It is also this age that they begin to try the patient's of mommy and daddy because they know best. Example. "Mommy, I can't find my shoes". "Mini did you look in your room?" "NO they're not there, they're in the car." At which point you as the mom close your eyes and begin to count. Obviously she knows where her shoes are.
It is also during this age group that they begin to experiment with a little bit of fibbing. Those of you that say "Oh no, not my baby" truly live in the dark and need someone to find the light switch because it's true. I'm not saying they are liers and will be bad people I am saying that this is the age they begin to test their skills at hiding things. P.S. you may want to watch out for the ones that begin to hurt animals at this age. I'm just saying.
"Mini did you finish your supper?", "Yes mommy, but I'm still hungry can I have a cookie?"
"Baby girl, there was pudding with your meal." ,"Oh well it fell on the floor so I had to throw it away." "There's no mess." "Well, I got it before it hit the floor, Mommy I'm still hungry." As a parent I suggest you take this time to go and check the trash for the discarded food. "Mini, why did you not tell me the truth?" "I don't know, I just thought..." Ok folks they are testing us. What you do with this conversation next will determine how they view telling you something.
No the books will tell you to sit them down and calmly explain the negative effects that can occur when one lies. May I suggest that you not waste your breathe on this lecture for the moment. They are 5 and 6 and do not completely understand that liars are put in jail and crazy farms. This is the time that as a parent you need to introduce them to groundings. Oh yes in today's market your 5 and 6 year old have many fun things in which you can take away. My personal favorite is the electronic toys. You know computer privilage, wii, leapster, keyboards, ds, cell phones, the normal stuff. (Why your 5 or 6 year old has a cell phone I couldn't tell you but I can assure you that anyone they "need" to call can wait for at least a week.)
It is during this age that we begin to see how they ineract with other children outside and other areas. Let me make my feelings on this known.
Unless you are:
Throwing up
Bleeding
Or you have:
Broken bones
Needing stitching
Unless you are putting yourself or others in danger or about to commit some kind of felony such as larson, theft or murder then it is not nessacary to tattle to me about little Robbie sticking his tung out. I agree that he should not have done it but it's time to turn the other cheek.
Now to the worring parents I promise this will not in anyway affect how someone views you. We as children survived falling off the jungle gym and scratching our knees. We survived someone sticking their tung out at us and getting a little muddy. Life is after all full of all that fun exciting stuff.
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment