Hello all my little leperchauns...lol. Happy St. Patricks Day to you all. Since today is most often thought of as the day of the drink I thought I would take a minute and give a short History lesson on this special day. Saint Patrick, who is the name sake of this holiday, is seen as patron saints of Ireland, he is also recognized as when Christianity arived in Ireland. This day was made an official holiday or "feast day" in the ealy 17th centerury and has become known as a celebration of the Irish culture. (Hell even those who are not Irish feel and are accepted as Irish on this day) Though we celebrate St. Patick and it is seen an Irish holiday St. Patrick was actually Romano-British he was kidnapped by the Irish and held as a slave. After escape and the leading of God he became a priest and returned to Ireland to introduce a more Christian belief. We celebrate the 17th of March because that was when he passed away. Through his teachings many of the traditions and Irish symbols that we recognize are because of this man.
And they said I never paid attention in school. Hah.
Ok now onto the rest of my weekend. Yesterday Roo and I went to Resthaven to visit our little Sophia. Though her faceplate was not up yet we still knew where she was. There is a nice breeze and her resting place over looks a field which is peaceful. Though we will always miss you could of been and what might have been we are both at peace knowing that she is where she is. The next time we plan to go we will hopefully be able to see her faceplate because Mini wants to go. Roo and I went yesterday because we both felt like it was time and because we wanted to go first so that we could be prepared. I know that sounds strange but if you heard Mini ask if and why are we crying again then you too would want to be prepared. We did ok I think. Though we still have sadness and I know that this next week she would have been a month old, I have to stay postive that what is meant to be will be and that there is something more for us, so we will continue as we always have.
Tomorrow we go pick up the Mini and we start getting back into the old routine. Can't wait to see what she excuse she gives me on Monday as to why she needs to stay home. Though I'm not driving alot its time I get back to doing the normal things. Ok well thats it.
So today's lesson we learned about some of the History of St. Patricks Day, I discussed our first visit to the cemetrary and we talked about Mini and I getting back into the swing of things. Yep though it maybe boring to you it's part of my world. I never said everyday would be exciting. I just said you could share in it...
Later Days
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tiffany and Roo I think you have done very well in how you have handled things as far as Bella and Sophia were concerned. I hope with days passing God heals your heart even more .Just remember you are loved and you were blessed with an angels presence and someday you will hold her again, I love all of you!
ReplyDelete