Hello to all my faithful readers. First off I want to continue to thank each and everyone of you for you continued support and prayers. You have traveled along this hard path with us and I do appericate you even if I don't know your names. Second I will continue to encourage you to follow my little family as we go through the ups and downs of life. Knowing that there are others out there who either just read or who are facing the same things makes me feel better. So again I thank you. And now ladies and gentlemen the moment we have all been waiting for.....
A color change. haha. I'm just playing. This week like most weeks here lately ended with doctors visits. Instead of the regular check up (I do that next week) we started off on Thursday with another sonogram. I will be posting some of those pictures really soon. She is getting so big....Really she is already measuring in at 5lb 11oz. The funny thing about that is that I am only just now suspose to be 33 weeks along. Hmmm, some one got that wrong. (just saying) Lucky for my I accepted the fact that I would never actually see my original due date of March 3rd pregnant. I know in my heart and body that she will be making her arrival into the world in February. After hearing her measurement my mom and I actually froze just a bit, mom then asked if it could be water weight since we have been having the issues with the kidneys. The Doctor missed understood and looked at me "Have you gained more weight?"
"No, I've actually lost a little" (side note this is not unusual to me as I had lost 12 pounds during pregnancy with Mini) The Doctor still looked perplexed so mom explained what she meant. The doctor told us no that there may be some offness in the measurement water retention does not affect babies. (If you are a pediatrician please hit me up and let me know if this is true.) After that we got the good news that the kidneys were once again stable. Even though the ureters are still enlarged the kidneys seem to have stablized. Then they pointed out that the growth from the previous week could have been from the growth of baby, since they didn't take measurements. I have to say the first sigh of relief was there. Some of the worry and stress that I have been feeling started to melt away with that news. No it may not be all puppies and sunshine but no change is a good sign. Then it was onto today. Roo and I went to the Pediatric Urologist who spealizes in this type of thing. First off we like this guy. He was very honest and explained what was going on. Even though I have to say I dreaded it and the idea that it may take up to 4hrs of my day did not put me in the "Let's go to the Doctor" mood this one actually helped in making feel better about what was going on. So let's get to it. 10 years ago when a baby was born with this type of issue they would immediately take him/her into surgery to correct it. However, medical technology being what it is today (thank you to all the medical scientists) only 1% of babies who are born actually need this procedure done at time of birth. Today we learned that surgery is a worst case scenaro. Even though this has been what we have been the time that should would for sure need surgery. But the doctor assured us that this may not be the case. The problem he is seeing is that either it is reflux or there is a blockage both can be fixed by surgery which is no longer done right away but we would get to wait for a few weeks if it has to be done at all. Some babies are able to basically out grow this problem. He said that as far as having to have her early that it is not needed since she does need to continue to develope and that as long as the fluid around her continues to stay at the level that it is and does not decrease then there is no sudden cause for great alarm. When I told him that the Sonogram have been scaring me becasue of all this stuff he smiled and answered "Thats their job. Their job is to inform you and worry you. My job is to explain it, help you understand and make you feel better. So do you feel better?" I have to say it was kind of like when the Orical gave Neo the cookie after just giving him bad news. You can't change it but it does make you feel better. (Yes I used movie reference) After that he told us that we can give birth at any facitily and to call when we are on our way to hospital and he will be there. Because he has privilages every where, cause he's a specialty. It made us laugh. Needless to say that though I will continue to worry I'm feeling so much better about what is going on. I understand better the options and am comfortable that she will be taken care of and again I say thank you all for you continued prayers. We are truly blessed.
Well that about sums it up folks. Again stay tuned for more news because I am sure there will be more. Later Days
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Friday, January 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment