Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saving the World

Hello again my faithful readers, it is I the great wizard of...Hmmm sctach that, it's just me and it's Saturday in the great world of me and time to reflect on the 1st week of the new year. So this week has been full of some emotional ups and downs. Up, Mini went back to school. Down new baby needs ekg and kidney has grown. But that was the majors of the week and I am determind to make this year postive so I'm not dwelling on it. Instead I am going to fixate on other issues and try to take over  save the world. Let's start with something that is annoying...Bills
Yes folks we all have them. And most of us adults even actually pay them and yet sometimes we get those annoying phone calls where the person on the other end is positive that you are stupid. So here is where I suggest you begin doing your home work. Fact, any creditor that calls must state who they are calling with, they are not allowed to discuss your personal information with anyone other than you. Fact, you are able to request that information be sent in writing to you showing that you infact owe that debt. Now let's not make an idiot out of the system by refusing everyone, if you know for certain that you owe it, admit your screw up and pay. If on the other hand the company is responsible for shady dealings then you need to turn them in. To many people allow this bullies (yes I said bullies) to contact them and their loved ones and make casual threats or innuedos that are actually legal. So again I point out do you homework. This year I challange everyone to become more aware of their rights as consumers so that they are able to fight back against the evil doers and jerks also know as collection agencies. Whats funny about this is it recently happened to me. I recieved a call from a guy who refused to tell me what company he represents but then wanted to know personal information on Roo. Then he proceeds to tell me that I needed to contact the client (who he still did not tell me) and that he would continue to contact all known associates. (What am I in the mafia?) Again do your homework so you know what to do in this situation. After a day of digging Roo and I decided that best thing to do was to turn them in to the FTC. Now I'm not saying every business needs to be reported but i am saying that when one does you be aware that there are those out there looking to protect us.
Next on the list is to sit down and go over your bills and make a chart or bill pay plan. Roo and I normally have to rework this plan half through the month of Jan. so that we can get everything back in order but it does help to budget your money a little bit better. Of course it does help when one of you shops when they are feeling down. I know what your thinking but I really needed those clothes and books and shoes (they matched the jeans) and ice cream and movie and.....well you get the point. Everyone has their vice, mine is shopping. I've gotten better over the years I can control myself a little better but it still takes some time.  Right now it's curbed due to the fact that I don't go many places by myself any more. If I have supervision then I'm covered and don't feel the need to spend money that I know I really don't have.
Well those are the first two bill paying tips to saving the world. Next time we will discuss calm breathing and relaxtion. Later days

No comments:

Post a Comment