Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Friday, September 23, 2011

Fleeting

Life is so short for so many and it breaks my heart that one should die so young. As kids we believe that we are invincable and that nothing bad will ever happen. This past week our small little town was rocked with a track wreck that took one young mans life. Once this happened I began to think about life in general.
Today we drove past where the wreck accured and there was a lady standing on the side of the road telling us to slow down. Two things struck me in this moment 1) we were only going about 15mph and 2) where were was this lady the other night when the accident happened.
To often people only decide to change their behavior when a tragedy strikes and though I can understand where she is coming from I feel that as a parent we are not doing our jobs by now warning our children what can happen. Instead allowing them to go out and take those chances without the knowledge to be more cautious. Please do not think I am blaming the parents for this horrific sadness but I think that if other parents can learn from this, then one child could be safe from this happening again.
So I will finish with this as we once believed that the world was at our fingertips and that life is a neverending joyride please remember that it is actually fleeting. We are blessed to be here and we are blessed to be able to hug our children once they come. As parents we are able to put teach and to hold our children accountable for their actions and we need to once again give them the knowledge to make the right choices to go with those actions so that maybe just maybe this will not happen again. Something to think about.
Later Days

1 comment: