10 years ago today Roo and I were getting ready for work, unaware of what was awaiting us once we got there. We noticed that the radio in the car was only on news and that people were standing around looking at the tv's that were placed in various places through out the store we were working for. We watched as the second plane hit the second tower. We everyone held their breathes as a nation began to crumble. Our nation's leader acted to protect us, knowing that more lives would be lost. War was declared.
10 years ago today we, as Americans, came together with our fear and grief. We watched helpless as nameless hero's did what they could to help those victems of the crashes. We mourned those fallen fireman and police officers who answered the call that would take their lives. As a nation we watched, prayed and waited. Then as one we began to feel the anger out weigh the fear. We watched as friends and loved ones answered the call to go and fight for all those lives needlessly lost and for those of us who could not fight ourselves.
Once again as a nation we watched as those few cried foul. They said we were wrong for wanting to protect our families and those families of the fallen. They said we were wrong to send our soilders into a fight that was brought to our door step. Those people believed that we should find another way.
10 years ago today we learned what it was to have an attack here on American soil. We learned our trust in other nations gave us. And we learned this all because of someones extreme hatered. We have our hero's, those that wear uniforms and those that do not. These are the men and women who dedicated themselves to a cause that was bigger then was going on at the local high school. We have mourned our fallen and we have celebrated our victories, small though they may seem. It has been a long battle and though it may not be over, I know as a nation we will continue to do what we must to protect our families. I may not fight along side those soilders and fireman or police officers but I will continue to support them in their efforts to keep me free and to keep my family safe.
So today as we have every year since, take a moment to hug your loved one. Take a moment to remember those who have lost their lives because of a persons hatered of a free nation. I could tell you exactly what I was doing and where I was when this all happened. I can tell you of the fear I felt for my family and friends, but I won't. Instead I will say that the ones that need to be remembered are those families who lost their loved ones, the service men and women who continue to go out to do a job knowing that they may never come home. Remember that as one we felt the fear and the pain of loss. As one we came together in a time of sadness and made something out of it and remember that Sept. 11, 2001 like Dec. 7, 1942 we were attacked first and like Pearl Harbor we put fear into our enemies. They may not always fear us but they will remember that once attacked we will as one nation bring the whoop ass they so deserve....
Thank you for letting me remember today.
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment