It's funny in away that out of all the words in the English language this is the one that has the ability to make us feel anxiety, joy, fear, sadness and so forth and yet we don't refer to it as the ugly six letter word like we do most cuss words. We use the word to continually help us get our thoughts and points across. The last few years for my family have seen many changes. We have learned to adapt to our environment even though all we wanted to do was crumble to the floor and weep.
As society has taught us Change is all about adapting, of course social media allows us and outlet to express our thoughts and opinions on how this six letter word makes us feel. For many of us that work with in the magical land of cubes, we express our frustrations over how one group of people can drastically change the way we do business. And how that change affects each and everyone of us. For the most part we are aware that we must adapt but at the same time we have that small resistance that the change they believe is for the better may actually hinder our work process.
For parents this six letter word is significant, every year, every month, every week, every day our children are changing. They are growing, they are adapting to their surroundings. I am so proud of Mini, she is one of my greatest treasures and yet the fact that she is getting older terrifies me. She is so smart and she has such a loving and trusting heart that I know that the first time she truly faces heartbreak it will also crush me as well. No I do not look forward to that day. This year will be her last in elementary school, yes she will be there for a while but this will be the last time she will walk through those doors for the first day of school. She has grown up so much over the years. She has faced many challenges and changes with a smile and again I couldn't be prouder. Our children are our future, well that and technology.
Change happens all around us every day.
In the small towns I live in, I see it everyday and I wonder if it's really for the better. We will be getting some bigger businesses which will of course generate more revenue and more jobs for our community it can also make those that live here feel like the once small town is growing to become a bigger town and is that really what we want? I do of course only because growth can be a positive thing though right now it's the thought of the unknown that puts fear into people and I think right there is what Change means to many.
Sometimes we take to much on ourselves and we don't know how to get out from under the mountain of obligations. Sometimes we are so focused on making things better for ourselves and our children that we lose focus of whats important. Then we tell ourselves that we are going to make Changes and that we will change how we look at things. Hmmm not really sure that this will happen but it's nice to be delusional every once and while.
Loved ones make changes in their lives to live better, they make a choice to quit or to begin something so that they can become better. Well good luck to them, I mean this. Every day I try to make a small change in my life. I recognize that it will be scary and that it will be tough but at the same time Momma and Daddy always said if your not happy with how things are going then change it.
This six letter word that has the power to literally bring us to our knees also has the power to bring us happiness, we give words all sorts of powers we place emphasis on words that can show us our weaknesses or can provide us strength. So as you read this and then think about it just remember yes it can be scary but it can also be the best thing in life. But don't let anyone talk you out of making that change you may want to make in your life.
Be the Change that makes the world a better place.
Later days peeps
No comments:
Post a Comment