Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Sunday, August 31, 2014

An Oil Change and Some Entertainment/Saturday Night Lights

Good Sunday Morning to all my faithful readers. For those of you on my Facebook I promised I would tell you about my fun trip to the dealership yesterday. But first a little back story. In 2012 I returned to work, my congratulations present was my 2013 Kia Rio. They didn't have blue so I went with white as seen. ------------------------------------------------------->
First let me say I love my car, gets good gas mileage. Since my surgery I haven't really driven it much and because of that I have to get it inspected. (Yes I know a little late?) My grandmother purchased a car from them on our recommendation so we got a service credit. The service credit is going to be mentioned several times so you may want to keep it in mind, lol. 
Roo said lets get the oil changed and inspected before you go back. So that was the plan. Kia was running a special on an oil change, show on the website, you can also make an appointment on the site to get said oil change or whatever service you may need done. This information will also come in handy in just a moment. So Friday night I made the appointment for Saturday at 8:30 am. Yesterday was Mini's first football game of the season so we wanted to get everything done so we could have some time to relax. 
Back to the Oil Change. We get to the dealership, walk in and our service rep comes over. Now the information is in Roo's name but the guy addresses me. (I didn't really want to go) I tell him we have an appointment for 8:30 he begins to talk pricing $99, I tell him that I am aware they are running a special as well as having the $100 service credit. We hand the keys over and go take a seat.
Mini likes to go because she can play on the computer so while she is playing Roo and I sat down while she played and began the wait on our car. Ken comes out and the following is the first aggravation of the day.
Ken: Mr and Mrs Vent could you please come with me?
we walk outside wondering what is going on.
Roo: Whats wrong?
Ken: Your tires are worn. (he points to the tires) see this? It's rubbing against inside and it's like this on all tires.
Roo: Ok so we will need to replace them?
Ken: Yes sir we really need to get this done. 
Me: It's not going to happen today (I don't think I was heard at this point)
Roo: What will that run.
Ken: (kind of puts on that whole salesman routine of straightening up and adjusting his belt...he's about to piss me off) Well for a full set of tires it's gonna be 395, then to align and balance thats gonna be 89 then
Roo: So it's gonna be about $500?
Ken: Yes sir but it needs to be done, so I can get it
Me: No, it's not going to happen today, we don't have $500, what we have is a $100 service credit just do the oil change and rotate tires and we will get the rest this next week.
Ken: Well ma'am your inspection is out and with out tires you will not be able to get it inspected.
Me: I'm aware, I'll get this week. 
Ken: Oh about that credit, we can't locate it. You will have to speak with a Sales Manager, I mean I'll write it up but there's not much we can do.
Roo and I go back inside and go to see about talking to the Sales manager. Now remember our appointment was at 8:30 am it's now about 8:45 so when I go and ask for the sales manager to help us we are told that they don't even come in until 9 am. (seeing a little red now)
Roo and I sit down for a bit waiting for sales manager to come in. As we wait Mini asks for some help on one of the computer games and then comes back. Once he is back beside me old Ken comes back. He sets to filters besides us and as we look at him the following is the conversation.
Ken: This is your air filters, this one (he points to a smaller one) is the in-dash it's going to be $39, this one (points to a bigger one) is the engine it's $59. They need to be changed.
Roo: Is one more important?
Ken: The engine filter really needs to be replaced. We haven't been able to see the credit
Me: Ok let me try this again, because apparently you didn't hear me. You have a $100 service credit, that's it.
Ken: I can not locate it, typically they send you a cardboard like coupon. And this is just $39 and $59.
Me: I understand so I'll say it this way. Please stay with. (I'm a little upset by this point) I have been out of work, He (pointing to Roo) is carrying the weight, We (gesturing between Roo and I) have a $100 service credit that you can't seem to find, You tell us that we have to pay $500 for tires and when I say it can't happen you  then want me to pay $39 and $59 on two air filters, oh and because you can't find a credit I have to go talk to a Sales Manager and yet you neglected to tell us that they don't even come in til 9 and well we have some time. All I want is what we came in for which is the oil change, tire rotation, air filter ect. everything that is running on the special. Again you have $100 make it work.
Ken: I'm sorry ma'am I wont bother you again.
He picks up the filters and stomps back to the back. I am upset by this point because though it needs to happen I feel like this man is trying to push up on us for more money. I wasn't lying I didn't have it to give. When I talk to the sales manager low and behold they were able to locate the credit. They apologize for our hassle and go to speak with the gentle man. A little bit later Ken comes back to tell us that we are good to go but that he still recommends the tires tells me I need to sign this paper stating that I am taking my car against recommendation.  Though I know I shouldn't have I signed it. I did find tires cheaper but didn't say anything. When we left I was looking over everything and then discovered that they didn't even rotate the tires or put in the filter, you have the credit, you tell me this is what we need and yet you refuse use it to fix the issue. Anyway this was my fun trip to Southwest Kia Rockwall. Though I love the sales staff, this man left little to be desired. 

Now as for our Saturday Night Lights. It was hot as hell people, but we waited like good parents and  got to see some cute performances. Our boys won their first game against the Quinlan Panthers and of course our Mini was the beautiful little cheerleader. I was so proud of her. Well happy Sunday....


No comments:

Post a Comment