The good doctor told Roo that I was a text book procedure. Me? Well that didn't really tell me anything or if they did I wouldn't remember. We got to the hospital bright and early, got checked in then it was off to get uncomfortable. The sweet nurse told me to take it all off and get in the gown. (I hate those gowns) Of course any time I have to have something done or even be in one of those stupid gown I have to go to the rest room, it never fails. So there I go holding the back closed so no one can see my backside. I come back to get comfy and the nurse comes in to say "I'll need you to sign a waiver, since you already went to the restroom" I didn't know that was something you weren't supposed to do She then decided that it was time to explain that it was ordered for me to take a pregnancy test needless to say I signed the waiver. Have you ever had an I.V of Saline?Well first off it makes you whole arm cold. Then it always makes me, have to go to the restroom, I know again. While the sweet nurse was helping me, I could not hold my I.V. and the back of my outfit fully closed, I offered to take her pregnancy test, you know in case they really needed it. She laughed. I'm glad she laughed. Roo stayed with me until they said it was time to go and then I was out. I'm a great patient like that. I don't fight the medicine I just let it go through me. Then of course it was time to wake up.
The man yelled at me....Well ok I'm sure he didn't yell but to my befuddled brain it sure did sound that way. The male nurse in recovery asked what he could get me. "I just want my Roo." he looked around and asked if thats a stuffed animal. "No husband." and I closed my eyes again. When I came to next it was to see my Roo and my Mini. I was so happy she asked how I felt I think I told her I wasn't sure but I know I asked where Papa was. Roo went back to get my dad and the nurse fed me some ice chips.Going to the room was a fun experience as the transporter managed to hit every bump, but he was so nice I really didn't care.
I've grown up around Baylor Hospital. I am very proud of the fact that my family has worked there for most of my life at one time or another and this visit was no different. They took excellent care of me. The nurses were sweet and very helpful. Mini even got to come and visit me on Friday they said I was doing really well. I got up to walk and even begged for a shower. Gigi stayed with me Friday night, and the staff loved her so much they made sure that she had her own food Saturday morning.
Coming home was something I did with a little fear as I have dogs and I was worried that they would try to jump on me but even they seem to have known and have been real easy.
The fear that my love would look at me differently or feel that I was no longer whole is something that is in the back of my mind but the reality that he wants me to be out of pain and wants what is best for me is right here. The surgery was saying goodbye to a part of me and the recovery is making me better. It's not an easy road and so far the recovery has been almost perfect but I am willing to do what I need to get better.
So I will keep you posted as I continue to rest and recoup.
Later days
No comments:
Post a Comment