
Hello to all my faithful readers. I hope this year is treating you well though at this time it can be questionable for us sometimes. October is a busy month for several reasons. 1st October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This is a big thing for me and mine as both Roo and I have aunts who are Survivors of this terrible disease. And though most would not believe it we are supporters of this cause even if it is more on the silent side of things.

The next big thing about October is the Texas State Fair. Now I know it starts in September but the Mini has fair day every October and we are always excited to go. This year was no different. Like everything else in our lives we have seen some changes to the State Fair. Big Tex had a newer "creepier" face though he still welcomes you with a "Howdy Folks," his hand now moves to wave hello and his head turns. "Wouldn't it be great if it turned all the way around?" This question brought some great mental images of Big Tex following you as you ate whatever fried goodness that you may be partaking in. Mini enjoyed all the rides as well as the car show this year. She rode the Texas Star with some friends from school, and she did it all by herself. Her other excitement came when Roo won her Minion for her. Mini has been begging for a Minion and now it sits proudly on her bed.


With the everything "Smothered,Covered & Fried" you knew you were food heaven. Even foods you would normally not eat you convinced yourself to try. After a day of games, rides and shopping it was time to admit defeat and beg to go home. I think we were all tired by this time though some of us would never admit it. But as long as Mini had a great time then I was happy. Next year she made the request to bring a friend I think that would be good for her. She of course also asked if we could stay til dark. We said lets see about doing that and hope that things play out so we can. The other thing about October is the start of the Holiday Season. October is Halloween and of course we will be making our regular annual trip to the costume store to try on different masks and costumes so stay tuned for that greatness. But for tonight I must admit that I am feeling a little old as I tell you that I am wore out and I think I need some rest since I will be going back to work tomorrow. So later days peeps and if you are looking for something to do Go hang out at the fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment