Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Little Ripper History

Happy Sunday to all my faithful followers, I hope this past week has been good for you. For me it was back to business as usual, well except for the day off on Monday...I don't want to say tragedy is getting easier for me but I am finding that I can breath (this may be because of the medication). Everyday I find reasons to remember those I've lost and have a smile and that makes it a little more bearable. But with keeping with the tragic theme and the fact that we are slowly approaching the Haunted season I wanted to touch base with a little history lesson, what is it you may ask? Well before we go into it I would like to point somethings out, we as people are interested in the tragic death and unexplained occurrences that tend to happen in all parts of the world. We are fascinated by the gruesome unexplained murder sprees that tend to have no reasoning behind them. And my topic for today is, of course, one of the biggest unsolved mysteries. The reason for this topic is because on this day in history a body was found....
Jack the Ripper
This is the name given to the serial killer who became known for the brutal massacre of several women in the Whitechapel district of London  in 1988. "Jack" was also known as the Whitechapel Murderer and the Leather Apron, but it was the moniker of Jack the Ripper that took root and has held the fascination of people for years. Even though it is believed that he had at least 11 victims during his reign of deadly horror there were 5 that really took the spotlight. These 5 women would become famous with their gruesome deaths, Mary Ann Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes and Mary Jane Kelly. 
Mary Nichols's body was found on August 31, 1888, Annie Chapman's body was found today September 8,1888 in a door way with her abdomen slashed open and her two cuts on her throat. (a really bad way to go if you ask me)  On September 30,1988 with in hours of eachother Elizabeth Stride and Catherine Eddowes would meet very similar fates and would be found, though in Strides case there would be questions on whether or not this would be due to Jack. Mainly because with her murder it appeared to be "unfinished" where as the others would be cut completely opened. But perhaps the most famous of these brutal murders was that of Mary Jane Kelly's. Her body was found November 9,1888 in her small one room flat unrecognizable. 
So what would drive someone to commit such gruesome acts? And why would these act of brutality be committed against  these women? And why were they unable to solve these murders? All very good questions and they each have some equally good answers. The problem is that no one really knows the truth except for those that were the victims and the person who took their lives. During the investigation the police received several letters from the supposed killer would help create the "Jack the Ripper" persona and add more confusion to this case. 
At first it is believed that Jack may be part of the upper crust as some of the wounds were possibly "expertly" done, but the letters would put another theory in the minds of the readers. The letters contained several spelling and punctuation errors. And though some of them were considered hoaxs there were at least four that really held their attention. Mainly because these letters would hold details that were not widely known. There letters would show that there was no remorse in the brutal killings and the that this murderer would have a very twisted humor as he would make references to his victims and himself. 
In the movie "From Hell" Jack was suggested to be the royal family physician who took it upon himself to rid Whitechapel of the women who sold their bodies. He was suggested to have done this because the Prince had secretly wed one. 
While this theory is very interesting I personally find it hard to believe that a physician for the royal family would do something almost common. Why not just hire it out. But if you read the letters the fact that a physician would write that poorly also makes it a little hard to believe unless he wished to make people question the valid of the claim. There is a book that is out there that suggest he may have been a butcher, so from a doctor to a butcher....hmmm
Anyway no matter who this mad man was the world was fascinated with every move and every piece of information on this unknown man. He became a legend with-out and actual face. Not a hero but an unknown celebrity that led police on a merry chase and then just disappeared.  

Well thats the history lesson for today my happy readers. Today in history, 1888 London, Annie Champman was found
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment