Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cheer Grand Chamipions

Happy Saturday to all my faithful readers. It's me again, and I am here to give some updates on life in the wonderful world of me. 1st things first. Mini's Cheer team was awesome last Saturday. I want to start by telling you this was supposed to be a cool day for their competition. The girls went down to my home town, Mabank, Friday night, spent the night in the hotel (where I'm told they were greatness for the moms) They got their hair did then it was off to bed. Saturday morning these girls got up, ate breakfast, ran a small muck and began to get ready for one long chilly day. They wore their long sleeves, that were purchased for the cool weather. They all looked the same, we got them to the field and learned a very sorry truth. That cool weather we were supposed to be experiencing was put to the back due to the sun and our girls were the second division to perform and we were only on the first (Midgets). As I handed off Mini and the other girls to our Team mom I felt a little pride watching my girl walk away. Though it had been a few years since we experienced the first competition jitters, I still felt that not only has time been slipping away, but that my little Mini was growing up. I directed some of the other parents on where our girls would need to be, then of course felt horrible as I had to be the one to say "We can't go with them," Competition rule 1) Once Cheerleader is on the property she needs to say goodbye to mom and dad and be placed in the hands of the coaches.
We watched from the home side bleachers of Eustace, great field-bad seating, as our girls began to finish getting ready. We waited as the sun began to feel like it was melting us, waiting for the first girl to to complain. I even talked to mini but she remained in good spirits. As the Midgets were finally led off the field it was time for our girls to begin. It was then that we realized we may have a long wait.
While watching the other districts perform I can tell you as a parent, I would silently cheer at the deductions that I knew were happening. Though I knew I would feel bad for the other teams as they dropped a person or as they were just two seconds off on their routine, I was secretly glad for the point bump for our girls. While we were waiting for our girls to perform I ran into an old friend of mine from school. It has been 13 years since we last saw each other and though we were cheering for different teams now we were still able to catch up a little bit.
I have to brag on our girls again, not only did we all witness as they sat there waiting for their turn in the heat. As we watched the other teams and their antics, ours were perfect. (Not just bragging) It was finally time for our girls to perform. I had tears. They were so awesome, I hadn't gotten to see the whole competition performance since I had been working, but these girls did fantastic. They were all together, they were all on point. They were awesome. As we waited for the awards we noticed once again that our girls were still being well behaved. They made us all proud at this time. Just by the way they handled themselves. We have 9 teams that performed. 5 Teams would receive participation awards. (Yes everyone does get a trophy) When our girls were not announced among those teams us mom began to get the good vibes. We knew our girls had placed. When they girls didn't get 4th or 3rd we began to hold hands and get shaky. This left only two spots.
When they called second place our whole section of the crowd went crazy....We screamed, we hollered, we made fools of ourselves. We couldn't be prouder and then we laughed because our girls were looking at us like we all lost our minds. But then they made the announcement that we, as parents realized only moments before....
                                                              Our Girls Won Grand Champions!!!!!
That's right, we knew the moment the other team was named as 2nd place that our girls had just won 1st place. And as a parent seeing the excitement was more of a high than anything. We knew then that for at least awhile these girls were going to be very hard to deal with. (lol) These little girls showed us all not only how well they could behave, they showed us how they could should them all just what they could do. They were one of the largest groups but they proved they were the best.
With all this being said, these girls not only won that day but then went to the game that night, were their boys played and beat the team of the 2nd place. We proud of all of the teams but we were most proud of the energy our girls had. Now this week we get a week off since its rainy, But next weekend we are looking at another full weekend. I have to say I'm happy she enjoys it and I am looking forward to more cheer years.
Later Days

No comments:

Post a Comment