Hello to all my wonderful readers. It's been a bit and I have to say that lately my head has been filled with so much non-writable stuff that I had to take some time. But here I am back with another short Mini tell.
So Mini is now my big 8yr old. She is already moody and so much a girl that sometimes I find it hard to believe this child is mine. Never the less she is my light and more often times my true entertainment. So what conversation greatness has she come up with lately? Well this week we were discussing Anniversaries.
I'm sure you've heard me say before that trying to get her ready and out the door durning the week thankfully I reminded almost daily that school is almost out (1 full week & 4 1/2 days she doesn't count weekends) Anyway, this week I was telling Mini she needed to get her stuff ready and we needed to get going. She's starts to stomp around and the following conversation;
Me: Come on baby, we got to go
Mini: Fine
Me: Now whats wrong (we had been fighting all morning over various things)
Mini: I'm so mad at Brad. (she yanks her bag up from the couch)
Me: Oh and why is that?
Mini: He totally missed our anniversary. (Yes she is only eight, just wait it gets better)
Me: I'm sorry what? (I've kind of went still for a minute.)
Mini: He missed our anniversary, I can't believe he did that.
Me: (I'm to stunned so I play along) Oh and how long have ya'll been together.
Mini:(she's standing at the door waiting for me to open and rolls her eyes) Mom we've been together a year. Ever since Kindergarten.
Me: (Closing my eyes and counting) Baby that would be two years. Your in 2nd grade now.
Mini: Momma, (she cocks her hip to the side and gives me this look) you know I only flirted with him then. We didn't start going steady until 1st grade and now he's forgot. (by this time I've regained enough of my mind to get her out of the house and now we are in the car.) Besides I know what anniversaries are for.
Me: (back to counting, and almost dreading the answer) Oh? Ok.
Mini: they are for when you meet or when you begin dating or when you get married. When do you and daddy celebrate.
Me: When we met and when we got married, Mini, baby your are only 8.
Mini: I know but he forgot and it hurt my feelings.
Me; (we are now in front of the school at this point) Did he forget or does he know?
Mini: Well.....
Me: Well?
Mini: I don't know if he knows, anyway I was just playing love you mom.....(and she jumps out of the car leaving me banging my head on my steering wheel)
You know folks sometimes my sweet little girl is too smart for her own good and eventually she is going to truly realize that I enjoy sharing the fun and awkward moments in her life with everyone. and maybe she will not be happy with me. But when you spend 20min on a conversation about anniversaries then she just smiles kisses me and jumps out of the car with "I'm just playing" this is just my way of getting back at her drama filled days.
Well happy Saturday Peeps
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment