Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Friday, October 5, 2012

To Fund or Not to Fund

I'm not a news kind of kid. I know it's crazy that I'm not really interested learning about all the bad stuff going on. I am a self proclaimed happy delusionist. (I'm sure that's not actually a word but I'm working with it.) If you have been hanging with me from the beginning you are very much aware of the fact that I'm not political and that I enjoy my happy little world full of chocolate waterfalls and gummy bears that sing. (see delusional) Anyway with that being said I'm appalled that anyone would want to cut funding to PBS. This station, though annoying during charity season, has been around since 1970 and has been a huge source of educational programming for many generations of children. It has also been a great source of debate as of late.
Since I am just learning of it again I feel the need to once again put in my two cents about this. How dare someone decide that cutting funding to pbs is how they are going to 'save' our country. I am the first to admit that we do need to cut funding in some areas but for a presidential candidate to stand in front of national television and declare that he will be the one to cut funding then in his next breath say he loves PBS and Big Bird. Why not discuss cutting funding to the actual government? Why not discuss how unfair it is for politicians to become richer while normal folks are struggling or the fact funding for our educational systems is failing, our teachers are not being treated well and schools are being forced to close. What about those issues? No? Those aren't really important your right there is a much bigger crisis at hand. (I'm nodding my head) PBS and Big Bird present a much bigger threat to our economic status.
Who is this man that can stand there and honestly decide he wants to cut funding so that we are not looking for money overseas? Excuse me while I stare dumbfounded at your idiocy. The world is changing. The US is changing and we are not exactly keeping with the ideas that our founders had for us. Our rights are slowly being stripped while those idiots who are concerned about PBS are trying to make their mark. Well let me make mine. We are failing as a country because we, the people, are refusing to speak up for the things that actually matter. We are continuing to elect men who want to change the world but end up being stuck behind a group of other men who can't seem to agree on anything but how to collect even more money for themselves.
Then of course you have your protesters who want to "Save" everything, except humanity and those that want to help "Every" child except the ones that are close to home. I do agree that we go overseas a little much for some of our charitable projects when we could be helping here a little more. But to cut funding from a station that has been providing educational programs for 42 years is a little laughable. I mean did you not like the letter H and the 14 as a child that you have to attack them today?  Are you looking back today and wondering if the guy that proof read your speech and debate topics really deserves to keep his job? I'm not saying the man will lose because of this horrible judgement in speech but he certainly did not make any friends by attacking a network that so many have grown up on.
Well that is my soap box.
Later days

No comments:

Post a Comment