There's this song by Florence and the Machine that I heard. Of course I didn't hear the original version until I was searching for the glee version and to tell the truth for me it makes more of an impact how the girls of glee sing it. it's Shake it Out. Every time I hear this song I close my eyes and I can feel...Well myself shaking it all off. This song has helped me break through my thoughts and get back to me or some semblance me. I recommend that if you've never heard this song that you take the minute and listen to it. I think this song could mean something to everyone. For me it tells me that there is a brighter day coming and that no matter what I need to shake off those feelings of despair. We all have demons inside. We all have things we fight and things we hide and through this song I've been able to start writing again. I'm able to put my life in perspective. Like I said just take a listen. It's always darkest before the dawn.
I am a strong believer that music can help us. I can cheer us on when we are high on top of the world and it can heal when we feel lost or broken. Music has always been something that I can turn to besides writing, I used to sing. Well I still sing but I used to sing loudly and I think over the years I've lost my voice. Sometimes as adults we do this. We lose our voice in many aspects of our lives. And of course with losing my voice I think I've lost a piece of me, or well who I used to be. I am constantly reinventing myself and I'm pretty good at that by now. But I still have that piece of me that remembers what it was to shine. Not that I don't shine in my own way now but I mean to really shine. I loved to sing, I still love to sing but it's not like it used to be. For those that read my blog and stories and anything else I do you may know that I love to write. It's one dream that I'm able to get to come true thanks to the internet. I find that when I'm by myself I still see myself as the young girl who used to have dreams of being big in the music world. I'm happy where I am at but again music always helps my various moods. So I just thought I'd give you something to listen to when your sad.
Disclaimer!!!
Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment