Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Days

Well here we are on Sunday where we are finishing off a week of snow days. To the left is a picture of what it looked like on Friday when we got up. Besides the fence, you couldn't see were the road began or ended. It wasn't until later Friday afternoon before anyone even came down our road. This is the time I love snow. It's fresh and untouched. This also meant once again no school for Mini. Which even though by this point I was going a little stir crazy I just couldn't seem to talk myself into sending her back to school on a Friday after she had so many days off. Thankfully the snow came in and helped with that choice. The down side to having snow days is the interruption of routine. See Mini is in bed on school nights by about 8:45 to 9:15, OK sometimes 10 but it's been getting earlier. See until we moved in here we lived in a smaller house so if we were up so was she. Now it's gotten better since she has her own room...But this week she has stayed up late because she didn't have school. So that made the days seem longer. Even she was asking to stay home on Friday. Of course with all this snow Roo got to stay home too. Yes they closed his work for the snow day. The only person who didn't really get them here was me. Sure I sub but I also work from home and since our phones and power were never off that meantI got to work. I took some video's of us playing in the snow it was fun. I'll see if can post some in a bit.
Saturday we got up and saw that the road was a little melted. OK look I'm not saying it was the best idea, but I talked my little family into going to get breakfast. After 3 1/2 days in the house I had to get out. It wasn't so much-well yeah, it was. I had cabin fever. So the idea was in motion and when we got on the main road we discovered that the idea might not have been the greatest. See the main road was clear...It was just iced over and you had to drive really slow. Which for Roo wasn't a problem. With only a few slips we managed to make it to McDonald's for some breakfast. But it seems that only me and the Mini were eating. Roo claimed he wasn't hungry. After breakfast I started to watch the marathon of Glee. (Once again people I am well aware of my Dorkness. I'm good with it) The it was time to bundle up and take some snow pictures. Roo took the pictures while Mini and Me played.
I love this one. I created it on my phone. No you can't really see me but Mini is having a blast and that was all that counted. I love how old photo's look. Then of course I got to chase around the yard. That was really fun because even though she likes the pretty snow, she doesn't really want to be in it. "It's cold and wet," she pouted as I laughed. But we got the picture and she forgave me.

Sometimes life throws in some snow to make us slow down and spend time with those we love. At least that is what I'm telling myself. So after a nice boring Saturday here we are to Sunday. It's the biggest weekend in football and I don't really care. I know it's sad but that's the way I am. We had planned on going to some friends house and watching it. But now I have to finish school work and turn it in. I hope I can get it all done. Of course I tend to get distracted so we will see how it goes. Thankfully I am almost done with that. Well That's been my weekend so far. Have a great week.





No comments:

Post a Comment