Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Secret of Bullies

Mini's school was talking about bullies last month and earlier this month and I began to thank about the past and the word bully. First off I want to say that I believe that everyone has been bullied in their life time. In fact, if you really thought about it you may realize that you were at one time a bully. It doesn't take much.
Yes there are those rare people who have never said or thought a bad thing about anyone but for the majority of us we could be accused of bullying at one time or another. Sure we tell ourselves that it's a gossip thing but in reality we are still being bullies because we are responcible for someone's feeling. It's not right and does need to be stopped but on the other hand it's hard to stop something that has been left alone for so long. I bring up the gossip part of bullying because of the recent cyber bullies. First off they are cowards who have to hide behind a keyboard in order to make someone feel bad. Again on the flip side many people are easier to get at due to the internet. Teenagers have used myspace and now have begun to use facebook as way to torment someone they do not like.
The parents either don't know or do not care that their child is spending so much time online "socializing" and do not realize the real impact of this on their child. Don't get me wrong, I love the internet and the computer I see it as an outlet however I would never attack someone verbaly by this outlet. In fact even here in my blog I refuse to use real names. Mainly because the person or persons who agitate me deserve a piece of privacy.
On to bullies at school. I'll never understand the need to make some one feel low about themselves. I know that children tease and make fun of others and I am guilty of it as well but I as I think more on it by allowing children to just get away with this practice we are saying that it is ok to hurt someone's feeling. There is an ultimate secret about bullies that no one ever admits but I think I should....
Bullies have all been bullied by someone else. They prey on those that are not like them in anyway. Bullies have been around since the begining of time and though we may wish it, we can not just make them disapear. The way to stop being bullied is to talk to someone, anyone about what is going on. It's to love yourself even if you don't know who you are yet, make sure that no one else can make you question your believes or practices. Don't allow them to see you sweat. And if they result to name calling "Crybaby" stand up for that but you can't solve it by violence or harming yourself.
By doing either one you are letting them win. Though you may open some eyes to the bullying, you would open more if you were here to speak out about it. People will remember you but in the end you have done nothing but let them win. Stand up, speak up and continue to voice yourself until you feel that you are heard. Only you have the power to hurt you. And by letting bullies get to you, you are showing them that your power over yourself is weak. Bullies pray on the weak.
As I have watched Mini with one of her friends I have discovered that her friend is a bully. She tells Mini what to do, what to think and has told her that her mommy is not the boss of anyone. Folks Mini is in kindergarden. Our children learn this at an early age. So let's stop it at an early age. Let's teach our children that it is not right to make someone cry or feel bad. Let's show them that kindness is a good thing to have. It's up to us as adults to show them as children that bullying will not be tolerated.
Ok well that is my rant for the day. Hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment