Disclaimer!!!

Welcome to my world. I always say that in my world there is always chocolate covered rainbows and rivers that flow with caramel. I'm inviting you in to take a look at what my world really looks like. My name is Tiffany and I am inviting you into my family and all the ups and downs we experience. I don't have a filter and will tell you pretty much anything and everything I can. (This is cheaper then therapy) Due to this verbal vomiting I change the names of all those I hold near and dear and even those I don't because though I have given you a day pass into my life, they haven't and I will respect their wishes and thoughts in this area. Main players will always be my daughter Mini.
Disclaimer: Good, bad, pretty and ugly, I will tell it. And though this may make you uncomfortable please remember that by reading this blog you signed up for those feelings so sit back relax and enjoy. Oh and Welcome to my Happy Little World. Later Days Tiffany

Saturday, June 18, 2011

My DMV Trip

Good afternoon boys and girl. Today I'm going to tell you the story of my visit to the DMV to get my Drivers Licence renewed. It started out to be a pretty day, I woke up took a nice long bath then began to get dressed. As I was putting on my make-up (I decided this picture was going to look decent) my mom called and we talked about her going with me. (I know nothing eventful here so we will fast forward to the DMV)
The local DMV is usually dead, but when we got there you could see the crowd of people waiting in a line. Normally you would have several lines or a waiting area for the different options (you know like test, renewal, reprint ect.) for some strange reason this was not the case here. Whe I came through the door a lady pointed to the end of the line. It kind of made the shape of ribbon candy which was a little strange but at the end I began to wait. There were about 40 people infront of me and I had left my mom and mini waiting in the car. (In retrospect I should have come alone but...well then we wouldn't have the story) Not long after I got in line I heard this woman with a loud southern voice "I'll kill 'em, I swear I will" My eyes got big and I noticed other people were shuffling back and forth then we heard "I'm just shaking and tears are about to start pouring. I swear I'm gonna kill 'em" By this time I started getting a little nervouse 50 people in a government building and this lady with the high pitched southern voice is going to "kille 'em" Once again i began to look around and found the owner of said voice. With a sigh of relief and a nervous laugh I was happy to note she was on her phone. So she wasn't totally crazy since I didn't hear anyone talking back to her.
After she hung up and I'm now about 30 out there were two guys around the age of 18 maybe 20 who came in got their paper to fill out and proceeded to cut in line. "Excuse me guys, the end of the line is right here." said a business man who was 2 ahead of me. The guys of course ignored them and just kept standing there and moving up with the line. Then a lady 2 behind me again tells them that they need to get in the back of the line, "I mean really does nobody else care they are cutting?" (I'm going to take the time to point out that though I care very much there are only two women working that counter) The lady who had asked this question got out of line went to the counter and pointed out the cuters. (my point is coming) Then the two ladies at the counter stop what they are doing stand up and one of them says "If you are cutting or butting ahead inline we will not wait on you when you get up here." She then asks who the guys are. (Again I am all for making the cutters go to the back of the line but we had already been there for at least 45 mins by this time and the only two women were slow as Christmas. I didn't think making them stop to point out the stupidity of two kids was the grandest of plans)
Now that the boys were where they were suspose to be and I am now about 20 back we find out that the few people who needed road tests or even have decided that now is just not the time to wait and they want to come back on Monday they need to get there at 5:30 am to be in line when they open at 8 am. (No Friggin way people) Then the business man in front of me turns to tell us all that he had already done this whole wait in line thing on Tuesday and there was a problem with a record. (By this time I'm getting a little nervous. Do I have any outstanding tickets?) Now I'm 2 back the young lady right in front of me is just wanting to get a reprint because her licence was stolen and she is going out of town. The young man at the counter is 16 and getting his first licence. (This is going to scar him. Oh wait I need to back up for a minute)
Right before the teenager goes to the counter to be scared for life there is an older woman in the line maybe about 7 back who is talking on her phone. (People please do not go to the DMV to hold a conversation, you will be mocked for days afterward) "I don't know why they have to see me. I mean I've renewing for years through the mail." (The mail? Really?) "I mean my picture was perfect I looked so young. And now...I know right, now they want me to come in just to take some stupid picture oh and now I look older" She actually sounded upset over this. The girl infront of me mumbled Botox, I couldn't help but snicker over this
Ok now back to the teenager. His dad was waiting in the back until he got to the counter then he came up to be with him as he got his first licence. This can be a wonderful time if you have all the right material. "I'm sorry sir this is not the proper birth certificate." the lady said. Then the argument happened. The whole time the lady was very calm as she pointed out that he still did not have the right material. "You are more the welcome to speak to a supervisor" the lady said sweetly. Again the others people waiting began to get quite. The man said yes he would like to do that to which the lady replied "He's in Terrell." (intake of breaths all around as all the women stepped back and a lady two behind me states "Oh I hope he doesn't have gun. I mean he looks like he'd carry a gun" by the way now not only do I question if I have any outstanding tickets now I'm wondering if I have the right information.)
Finally it is my turn and as I make my way to the counter and sign the information the lady has me do the thumb print thing (So far so good) then she has me do the eye test thing. (Crap.) I got them right even though I kind of guessed at the last two numbers on the right hand side. Then it was picture time. I have to say compared to my old one this one may look pretty good. Of course then it was time to pay. (here it comes.) Online it says they only accept cash, checks, money orders so I went and got cash out. I put the cash in my wallet but when the lady asked me for the money I couldn't find it. (Panic) As I began rummaging through my wallet and purse and mubling to myself like a crazy woman I hear the snickers behind me. (I don't care I'd laughed at them) I was about to pick up my phone to call my mom who is sitting in the car when I glimpsed a sign..."Um, do ya'll take debit?" I asked the lady with a little false hope. (signs can be misleading) she smiled and said yes to which I thanked her kindly and handed over the plastic. After all was said and done and my nerves shot it was time to get out of that place. When I got in the car and started looking for my "lost" money I found it in my wallet (Don't ask) and again I found myself mumbling. I then recounted my 2 hrs of adventure to my mom who patiently waited for me with my daughter in the car.
I of course bought lunch and Mini a hair trim, hair feathers and (Rolling my eyes) Justin Biebler never say never. Well that was the excitement for that day. I hope you enjoyed my happy tale until later. Happy Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment